State Contract Info Center
Illinois state employees have been inundated with misleading and negative communications from Gov. Bruce Rauner and his administration. Click on the links on this page to read factual information about what's at risk in this fight for a fair contract and how the administration's last, best and final offer would impact you and your family.
STRIKE AUTHORIZATION VOTE
Voting on whether to authorize the AFSCME Bargaining Committee to call a strike if necessary will be held Jan. 30 through Feb. 19. AFSCME members in state local unions who are eligible to strike (all except CU-500/RC-6 security employees in DOC and DJJ) are eligible to vote. For voting times and locations, check with your local union leadership or leave a message on the AFSCME hotline at 312-251-4645.
- Vote Yes for Respect and Fairness (handout)
UNION PROPOSALS, RAUNER DEMANDS
- AFSCME letter to Gov. Rauner with settlement framework (Jan. 9, 2017)
- Examples of how Rauner’s proposals would impact specific employees:
FACT-CHECKING THE RAUNER ADMINISTRATION
- AFSCME letter to John Terranova (Jan. 19, 2017)
- Rauner videos fact check: Clearing up misleading information in recent CMS-produced videos
- Setting the record straight: Fact-checking Gov. Rauner's letter to state employees